Training Your Touch 2: Following the Fascia
This is the next step in refining your palpation and assessment skills! After a quick review of Training Your Touch: Advanced Palpation Skills (Which is NOT a prerequisite for this class), we briefly revisit the respiratory and cardiac rhythms. Then we practice in-depth evaluation of the fascial body at various listening stations to identify stress or dysfunction. We will explore select osteopathic concepts to explain a variety of therapy methods including the use of myofascial unwinding at specific areas and joints. These concepts are key to understanding both assessment and treatment.
On the second day, we assess tension patterns and fascial pulls in the lower extremities, upper extremities, and torso. By applying what we have learned to different layers of tissue, we will literally be “following the fascia”. Finally, we pull everything together in order to practice assessment and treatment in groups of three. This class will expand your skill in any method of bodywork.
Prerequisites: NONE. This class is open to everyone. (Two or more years of hands-on experience is recommended)
Learn advanced manual assessment strategies and fascial evaluation techniques
Why take this two-day class?
After participating in this class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of grounding before assessment
- Describe “mindful palpation”
- List one or more techniques for relaxing the nervous system
- Demonstrate how to easily stimulate the vagus nerve
- Demonstrate using touch to evaluate sympathetic activation
- Discuss the Osteopathic concept of “The Body Hugs the Lesion”
- Demonstrate identification of postural strain patterns through touch
- Discuss the importance of fascia in manual assessment
- Discuss the potential role of mirror neurons in assessment
- Perform three or more assessment techniques at the feet and ankles
- Describe three or more things to “look for” when palpating
- Discuss the concept of “inhibition”
- Describe how to use rhythms and micro-movements in assessment
- Demonstrate how to apply inhibition to orthopedic testing
- Demonstrate fascial assessment of the upper extremities, lower extremities, and back
- Be able to “follow the fascia’ in both assessment and treatment
$285 to $325 Early Registration Price (including study guide) – Price varies with location
Continuing Education: 16 Contact Hours
“Training Your Touch 2: Following the Fascia” is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists (and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval)
- Massage therapists in Florida and Georgia (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-747062)
Currently Scheduled Classes
Available Classes (Click or call 330.701.8780 for more information)
There are no upcoming events at this time.