Integrative Bodywork Concepts
This six-hour, live-online class is designed to convey a practical understanding of the deeper strategies and mechanisms which underlie an integrative approach to bodywork. Participants will weave concepts like presence, grounding, and self-awareness into the evaluation and treatment of fascia, physiological movement, and the vagus nerve. Techniques will be practiced on your own body and on virtual partners in the class. Principles you learn in this seminar will deepen your understanding of hands-on healing, transform your experience of bodywork, and boost your clinical results.
There are NO PREREQUISITES for this seminar. It will stand on its own or complement and enrich the live, in-person seminar titled Integrative Massage Therapy. The two classes can be taken in any order.
Expand your understanding and sharpen your skills related to integrative bodywork practice.
Why take this six-hour class?
By participating in this online class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the science behind therapeutic bodywork
- Discuss the importance of Grounding and how to practice it
- Define presence and describe techniques to develop the skill
- Discuss the interrelationship of structure and function
- List two or more key principles of accurate palpation
- Discuss key osteopathic concepts that relate to massage therapy.
- Describe the role of the vagus nerve in massage treatment
- Demonstrate using self-awareness as an assessment tool
Continuing Education: 6 CE hours
“Integrative Bodywork Concepts” This Live-Online class is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval.
- Florida licensed massage therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-804412)
NOTE: Online classes in Florida count as “General” hours however, 2020-2021 is a coronavirus exception. Check with your state board to confirm approval for “LIVE” CE hours.
Currently Scheduled Classes
Available Classes (Click or call 330.701.8780 for more information)
There are no upcoming events at this time.