Integrative Bodywork Concepts
Every once in a while, I come across a new concept or technique that I realize could change everything about the way I practice. I have experienced many of these realizations over the past few decades and now I want to share some of the resulting breakthroughs with you! Do you ever wonder which CE classes are really worth the money or what direction would be best for your career and your life? I asked myself those questions almost daily over the years and became a seminar junkie. What I most needed to learn is that I am enough. What I also learned is that many techniques are given new names and taught in slightly different ways by very different teachers. The techniques are often explained by means of differing philosophies or mechanisms but they are essentially the same techniques and are based on the same fundamental principles. If you understand the principles, you won’t need to take so many classes!
This six-hour, live-online seminar is designed to help you understand some of those principles. Learning and integrating this information cost me hundreds of hours and many thousands of dollars. This class can provide money-saving shortcuts for your own continuing education journey. Participants will weave concepts like presence, grounding, and self-awareness into the evaluation and treatment of fascia, physiological movement, and the vagus nerve. Techniques will be practiced on your own body or on a volunteer. What you learn here will deepen your understanding of hands-on healing and boost your clinical results.
NOTE: Schedule will include a one-hour break for lunch from 12pm to 1pm Eastern time.
There are NO PREREQUISITES for this seminar. It will stand on its own or complement and enrich the live, in-person seminar titled Integrative Massage Therapy. The classes can be taken in any order.
Expand your understanding and sharpen your skills related to integrative bodywork practice.
Why take this six-hour class?
After participating in this online class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the science behind therapeutic bodywork
- Discuss the importance of Grounding and how to practice it
- Define therapeutic presence and describe how to develop that skill
- Discuss the interrelationship of structure and function
- Describe the role of breathwork in hands-on treatment.
- Discuss major osteopathic concepts that relate to massage therapy.
- Describe the role of the vagus nerve in massage treatment
- Demonstrate practical application, and integration, of the day’s material
Continuing Education: 6 CE hours
“Integrative Bodywork Concepts” This Live-Online class is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval.
- Florida licensed massage therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-859459)
(Online classes in Florida count as “General” hours)
Currently Scheduled Classes
Available Classes (Click or call 330.701.8780 for more information)