Integrative Bodywork Concepts
Every once in a while, an awareness emerges that some particular concept or technique could change everything. I have experienced many such realizations over the past few decades and have integrated them as best I could into my work and my life. Now I want to share some of those powerful breakthroughs with you!
This six-hour, live-online class is designed to help you understand the strategies and mechanisms which underlie my integrative approach to craniosacral therapy and bodywork in general. Learning and integrating these principles cost me hundreds of hours and many thousands of dollars. This class can provide some shortcuts in your own continuing education journey. Participants will weave concepts like presence, grounding, and self-awareness into the evaluation and treatment of fascia, physiological movement, and the vagus nerve. Techniques will be practiced on your own body or on a volunteer. What you learn in this seminar will deepen your understanding of hands-on healing and boost your clinical results.
NOTE: Schedule will include a one-hour break for lunch from 12pm to 1pm Eastern time.
There are NO PREREQUISITES for this seminar. It will stand on its own or complement and enrich the live, in-person seminar titled Integrative Massage Therapy. The classes can be taken in any order.
Expand your understanding and sharpen your skills related to integrative bodywork practice.
Why take this six-hour class?
After participating in this online class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the science behind therapeutic bodywork
- Discuss the importance of Grounding and how to practice it
- Define therapeutic presence and describe how to develop that skill
- Discuss the interrelationship of structure and function
- Describe the role of breathwork in hands-on treatment.
- Discuss major osteopathic concepts that relate to massage therapy.
- Describe the role of the vagus nerve in massage treatment
- Demonstrate practical application, and integration, of the day’s material
Continuing Education: 6 CE hours
“Integrative Bodywork Concepts” This Live-Online class is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval.
- Florida licensed massage therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-859459)
(Online classes in Florida count as “General” hours)
Currently Scheduled Classes
Available Classes (Click or call 330.701.8780 for more information)