Integrative Massage Therapy
Integrative Massage Therapy is a one-day introduction to holistic massage practice. The integrative massage session can draw from neuromuscular therapy, myofascial release, and many other modalities. You will learn to successfully blend techniques and treatment methods by focusing on basic concepts and mechanisms underlying each approach. In this seminar, we will study key principles from Chinese medicine, polarity therapy, applied kinesiology and myofascial release. Then we will discuss how best to incorporate those principles into a cohesive and effective, science based bodywork session. Anyone wanting to develop a more holistic practice, or simply to expand their own understanding, will benefit from Integrative Massage Therapy.
There are NO PREREQUISITES for this seminar. It will stand on its own or complement and enrich the live-online seminar titled Integrative Bodywork Concepts. The two classes can be taken in any order.
Become familiar with the underlying mechanisms of several treatment methods and where they overlap.
Learn how to integrate multiple concepts and techniques into your massage or bodywork practice.
Why take this one-day class?
By participating in this class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the science behind therapeutic bodywork
- Discuss two or more methods of integrative assessment
- Demonstrate two or more techniques of integrative treatment
- Demonstrate a refined version of manual muscle testing
- Demonstrate the use of emotional stress release (ESR) technique in massage therapy
- Discuss the pivotal role of fascia in assessment and treatment
- Demonstrate the use of energy medicine in massage therapy
- Discuss the role of meridians in assessment and treatment
$175 early registration (includes study guide) – (Price may vary with location) – Semi-Private Mastery Class – $225
Continuing Education: 8 Contact Hours
“Integrative Massage Therapy” is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified bodyworkers and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval
- Florida Massage Therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-591501)
“The class was very helpful, scientific. I was very impressed with the material.”
Jane Smith, LMT
Currently Scheduled Classes
Available Classes (Click or call 330.701.8780 for more information)