Introduction to Craniosacral Therapy (16 hour version)
Join us for two days that could change your life! Here is an opportunity to sample the Upledger Institute’s Craniosacral Therapy course studied by more than 90,000 healthcare practitioners worldwide. This mix of lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice will teach you the benefits of CST along with basic techniques you can use in massage therapy practice and for your own health. The Polarity Healthcare version is the Upledger Craniosacral Therapy Introduction class expanded to 16 CE hours.
Please know that this class is much more than an introduction to a particular technique. You will develop and/or refine your light-touch palpation skills by learning how to palpate and evaluate the craniosacral rhythm, a subtle physiological movement affecting the entire body. You will also learn how to locate subtle restrictions in the connective tissue system and correct those restrictions using gentle myofascial techniques. Most important of all, you will learn to follow the body’s inner wisdom rather than always trying to control or direct it. The concepts and skills from this class can transform your practice and your life.
Core Benefits of this Seminar
Refine light touch palpation skills and basic myofascial unwinding techniques. Become familiar with the craniosacral system.
- Explore the anatomy and physiology of the craniosacral system and its relationship to illness, pain and dysfunction
- Gain an excellent preparation for Upledger’s CS1 class
- Develop and refine light-touch palpation skills
- Learn and practice palpating the “listening stations”, key body locations where the craniosacral motion can best be evaluated
- Learn and practice tissue release techniques for the pelvic and respiratory diaphragms and thoracic inlet
- Learn and practice: mobilizing the sacrum; the dural tube rock and glide; using intention, and stillpoint induction
What participants have to say!
Randall Gibson, M.Ed., LMT, CST – In cooperation with the Upledger Institute Inc.
$285 early registration rate (includes manual) – Prices may vary with location
“In seventeen years of practice and continuing ed., I have never felt like I learned more
and could go away practicing what I had learned.”
Candyce Steigerwald, PT
Continuing Education: 16 CE hours
(Note: Check number of contact hours in the class you are considering) Introduction to Craniosacral Therapy is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval.
- Florida Massage Therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-680034)
Currently Scheduled Classes
Available Classes (Click or call 330.701.8780 for more information)