This class is offered in both a Live/In-Person format and as Meridian Massage – Online.
Both are NCBTMB approved. Only the online version is currently approved in Florida.
This four-hour class focuses on palpating 14 meridians (or pathways) of Chinese medicine. Students in the online class will locate and assess meridians on their own bodies. Theory and philosophy is secondary as we employ a practical, regional approach to learning the meridian pathways. We also address relationship of the meridian system to health, healing, and performance. Take advantage of this rare opportunity to develop confidence with meridians by learning their locations, directions, and applications to massage therapy.
There are NO PREREQUISITES for this seminar. It can stand alone or will complement and enrich our live, in-person seminar titled The Meridian Connection. The two classes can be taken in any order.
This material will also be very much appreciated by practitioners of chi gung or tai chi. The concepts and hands-on techniques are useful for anyone who is interested in meridians and health.
Develop basic skill at locating and treating 14 meridian channels from traditional Chinese medicine.
Why take this four-hour class?
By participating in this class, you will:
- Be able to name eight or more of fourteen acupuncture meridians
- Be able to locate and trace eight or more of fourteen acupuncture meridians
- Be able to describe the relationship of meridians and their associated muscles
- Be able to discuss the therapeutic applications of meridian massage
- Be able to describe the use of meridians in massage therapy assessment
$75 (includes manual) – Prices may vary
Continuing Education: 4 Contact Hours
“Meridian Massage” is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval.
- Meridian Massage – Online is approved for Florida Massage therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-785416)
NOTE: Online hours in Florida are considered GENERAL.
Currently Scheduled Classes
Available Classes (Click or call 330.701.8780 for more information)
There are no upcoming events at this time.