Muscle Testing for Massage Therapists:
Touch for Health Kinesiology 1
In this Touch For Health Kinesiology class, you will study 14 muscles and become familiar with their structure, function and associated acupuncture meridians. You will learn how to accurately test each of these muscles using a refined manual resistive testing method. When a problem or weakness is discovered, you will practice using neurolymphatic and neurovascular reflexes, origin/insertion technique and meridian tracing to resolve it. Also included in this class are methods of pain relief, food testing and an amazingly effective technique called emotional stress release (ESR).
At the end of this seminar, you will have new assessment skills and multiple treatment techniques which can target specific muscles. You will be able to offer a general protocol called a “Meridian Balancing” or “Touch for Health Balancing” with potentially life changing benefits. This easily learned set of skills can be used to keep you, your loved ones and your clients at optimal levels of health.
Prerequisite: None – You do NOT have to be a massage therapist or bodyworker to take this class.
(Note: An excellent complement to this class is a one-day seminar called “The Meridian Connection”. Take them together if possible.)
Develop skill at manual resistive muscle testing and easily correcting functional weakness in 14 major muscles.
Why take this two-day class?
By participating in this class, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in manual resistive testing (muscle monitoring)
- Evaluate 14 major, postural muscles and their associated acupuncture meridians
- Balance a partner’s energy using neurolymphatic reflexes, neurovascular and spinal reflexes, origin / insertion technique, food and Emotional Stress Release (ESR).
- Relieve emotional stress and tension using the ESR technique.
- Demonstrate balancing the energy of a partner who cannot be muscle tested.
- Learn how muscle testing can be applied to clinical bodywork practice
- Describe the benefits of TFH balancing in co-ordination, vision, sensory input, posture and simple pain relief.
What participants have to say!
$275 early registration (includes manual) – This may vary with location
Continuing Education: 15 Contact Hours
“Muscle Testing for Massage Therapists: Touch For Health Kinesiology 1” is approved for the following:
- Florida Massage Therapists – CE Broker tracking number is: 20-207430
- NCBTMB – nationally certified bodyworkers and LMT’s in all the states that accept NCBTMB approval (Provider #325713-00)
In addition, the following is available through the Touch For Health Kinesiology Association (TFHKA)
- TFHKA is approved as a continuing education provider (#CEP 13015) for contact hours under the California Board of Registered Nursing in all but the following states: Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota and Wyoming
- TFHKA is approved as a continuing education provider for the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. (NCCAOM Provider number: ACHB 947-001)
“CEU’s are usually boring. He is lively and awesome. It was by far the best CEU class ever!!”
Angela Pollak, LMT
Currently Scheduled Classes
Available Classes (Click or call 330.701.8780 for more information)