This four-hour, experiential class is focused on guided, hands-on exercises to develop and refine your sense of touch. Palpation is the most basic and important tool for any massage therapist or bodyworker. We offer powerful learning activities with a low-stress emphasis on competition and fun. Whatever your level of experience, you can benefit from four hours of focus on enhancing your palpation skills. This confidence-building seminar can serve as an introduction to, or a review of Training Your Touch: Palpation and Manual Assessment. (I include some of the most fun activities from the 16 hour class)
Enhance your palpation skills through exercises which are both fun and effective.
Why take this one-day class?
By participating in this class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of palpation for massage therapists
- Describe exercises and experiments to increase tactile awareness
- Use a variety of words to describe different palpatory experiences
- Discuss the movements associated with respiration
- Discuss skin temperature and its role in assessment
- Demonstrate specific techniques to palpate skin and superficial fascia
$75 early registration – Price may vary with location
Continuing Education: 4 Contact Hours
“Palpation Games” is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified bodyworkers and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval
Currently Scheduled Classes
Available Classes (Click or call 330.701.8780 for more information)