The Science of Stress Relief (Online)
This six-hour class is designed to give bodyworkers a solid introduction to the anatomy and physiology of the stress response, a brief overview of research on stress, and specific guidance on how to influence the autonomic nervous system with integrative massage therapy. Participants will learn hands-on techniques as well as self-help information that could serve as client education. Everyone who completes the class will have tools to quickly shift out of fight or flight mode and the knowledge to build resilience against the future effects of excessive stress.
Develop basic skill at recognizing, understanding, and controlling the stress response through integrative bodywork.
Why take this six-hour class?
By participating in this class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the anatomy and physiology of the stress response
- Describe grounding and earthing to reduce stress in minutes
- Demonstrate breathing techniques to shift out of fight or flight mode
- Discuss the importance of the vagus nerve in stress and relaxation
- Demonstrate touch with presence to activate the parasympathetic nervous system
- Perform movement techniques and mindful acupressure to improve brain function
- Discuss two or more lifestyle changes that could protect us from stress and illness
- Discuss the role of mindfulness in health and relaxation
Continuing Education: 6 CE hours (NCBTMB approval pending)
Currently Scheduled Classes
Available Classes (Click or call 330.701.8780 for more information)
There are no upcoming events at this time.