- This event has passed.
Integrative Bodywork Concepts
January 9, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$95
Description: This class has been postponed (Always register early).
This six-hour class is designed to convey a practical understanding of the strategies and mechanisms which underlie an integrative approach to bodywork. Participants will weave the concepts of presence, grounding, and self-awareness into evaluation and treatment of fascia, physiological movement, and the nervous system. Techniques will be practiced on your own body and on virtual partners in the class. Principles you learn in this seminar will deepen your understanding of hands-on healing, transform your experience of bodywork, and boost your clinical results.
There are NO PREREQUISITES for this seminar. It will complement and enrich the live, in-person seminar titled Integrative Massage Therapy. The two classes can be taken in any order.
NOTE: Schedule will include a one-hour break for lunch from 12pm to 1pm
Expand your understanding and sharpen your skills related to integrative bodywork practice.
By participating in this online class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the science behind therapeutic bodywork
- Discuss the importance of Grounding and how to practice it
- Define presence and describe techniques to develop the skill
- Discuss the interrelationship of structure and function
- List two or more key principles of accurate palpation
- Discuss key osteopathic concepts that relate to massage therapy.
- Describe the role of the vagus nerve in massage treatment
- Demonstrate using self-awareness as an assessment tool
“Integrative Bodywork Concepts” is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists
- Florida licensed massage therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-804412)
NOTE: Online classes in Florida count as “General” hours however, 2020-2021 is a coronavirus exception. Check with your state board to confirm approval for “LIVE” CE hours)
Please subscribe to our notification newsletter (Click symbol at bottom of page) if you are interested in future offerings.
Alternative methods of signing up:
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone