Integrative Bodywork Concepts
May 15, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$95
This six-hour, live-online class is designed to convey a practical understanding of the deeper strategies and mechanisms which underlie an integrative approach to bodywork. Participants will weave concepts like presence, grounding, and mindfulness into the evaluation and treatment of fascia, movement, and the vagus nerve. Techniques will be practiced on your own body or on a volunteer. Principles you learn in this seminar will deepen your understanding of hands-on healing and boost your clinical results.
There are NO PREREQUISITES for this seminar. It will stand on its own or complement and enrich the live, in-person seminar titled Integrative Massage Therapy. The classes can be taken in any order.
Expand your understanding and sharpen your skills related to integrative bodywork practice.
Why take this six-hour class?
By participating in this online class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the science behind therapeutic bodywork
- Discuss the importance of Grounding and how to practice it
- Define presence and describe techniques to develop the skill
- Discuss the interrelationship of structure and function
- List two or more key principles of accurate palpation
- Discuss key osteopathic concepts that relate to massage therapy.
- Describe the role of the vagus nerve in massage treatment
- Demonstrate using self-awareness as an assessment tool
Continuing Education: 6 CE hours
“Integrative Bodywork Concepts” This Live-Online class is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval.
- Florida licensed massage therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-859459)
(Online classes in Florida count as “General” hours)
Early Registration Discount Rate Before May 1, 2022!
Alternative methods of signing up:
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone