Integrative Massage Therapy
April 6 @ 9:30 am - 6:30 pm$140
Integrative Massage Therapy is a one-day, intensive introduction to holistic massage practice. The integrative massage session can draw from neuromuscular therapy, myofascial release, and many other modalities. This class will help you successfully blend techniques and treatment methods by focusing on basic concepts and mechanisms underlying each approach. In this seminar, we will study key principles from Chinese medicine, applied kinesiology, polarity therapy, and myofascial release. Then we will discuss how best to incorporate those principles into a cohesive and effective, science-based bodywork session. Anyone wanting to develop a more holistic practice, or simply to expand their own understanding and skill level, will benefit from studying Integrative Massage Therapy in Akron, Ohio.
- Learn the benefits of an integrative approach to massage therapy
- Practice methods of integrative assessment
- Practice integrative treatment techniques
- Study the mechanisms of different bodywork techniques and how they overlap
- Discuss the relationship of motor points, trigger points and acupuncture points
- Practice a refined version of manual resistive muscle testing
- Study the role of subtle physiological movement in massage therapy assessment
- Discuss the role of energy in manual therapy
- Study the pivotal role of fascia in assessment and treatment
Something to write with. Dress comfortably and in layers. Clothes to be able to expose your arms and your back.
- NCBTMB approved
Space is Limited. Register Early!
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone