- This event has passed.
Integrative Massage Therapy
August 24, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm$135
Integrative Massage Therapy is a one-day introduction to holistic massage practice. The integrative massage session can draw from neuromuscular or medical massage, myofascial release, acupressure, craniosacral therapy and many other forms of healing. Anything that could contribute to the health and well being of the client can be included in this individualized treatment method. This class will help you successfully blend techniques and treatment methods by focusing on basic concepts and mechanisms underlying each approach. We will learn key techniques from several methods and discuss how best to incorporate those techniques into a cohesive bodywork session. Anyone wanting to develop a more holistic practice, or simply to expand their own understanding and skill level, will benefit from studying Integrative Massage Therapy in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Learn the benefits of an integrative approach to massage therapy
- Practice methods of integrative assessment
- Practice integrative treatment techniques
- Study the mechanisms of different bodywork techniques and how they overlap
- Discuss the relationship of motor points, trigger points and acupuncture points
- Practice a refined version of manual resistive muscle testing
- Study the role of subtle physiological movement in massage therapy assessment
- Discuss the role of energy in manual therapy
- Study the pivotal role of fascia in assessment and treatment
Something to write with. Massage clothes that expose the back. Dress comfortably and in layers.
- Nationally Certified Bodyworkers (NCBTMB) and LMT’s in all the states that accept NCBTMB approval
- Florida and Georgia Massage Therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-591501)
Early registration & discounted fee available until August 10!
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone