- This event has passed.
Integrative Massage Therapy
May 31, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm$135
Integrative Massage Therapy is a one-day, intensive introduction to holistic massage practice. The integrative massage session can draw from neuromuscular therapy, myofascial release, and many other modalities. This class will help you successfully blend techniques and treatment methods by focusing on basic concepts and mechanisms underlying each approach. In this seminar, we will study key principles from Chinese medicine, applied kinesiology and myofascial release. Then we will discuss how best to incorporate those principles into a cohesive and effective, science-based bodywork session. Anyone wanting to develop a more holistic practice, or simply to expand their own understanding and skill level, will benefit from studying Integrative Massage Therapy in Orlando, Florida.
- Learn the benefits of an integrative approach to massage therapy
- Practice methods of integrative assessment
- Practice integrative treatment techniques
- Study the mechanisms of different bodywork techniques and how they overlap
- Discuss the relationship of motor points, trigger points and acupuncture points
- Practice a refined version of manual resistive muscle testing
- Discuss the role of energy in manual therapy
- Study the pivotal role of fascia in assessment and treatment
What participants have to say!
Something to write with. Dress comfortably and in layers. Clothes to be able to expose your arms and your back.
- NCBTMB certified bodyworkers and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval
- Florida Massage Therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-591501)
Early registration & discounted fee available until May 17 – THERE IS STILL ROOM IN THIS CLASS!
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone