Introduction to Craniosacral Therapy
October 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - October 20, 2019 @ 6:00 pm$275
This is an opportunity to sample the Upledger Institute’s Craniosacral Therapy course studied by more than 90,000 healthcare practitioners worldwide. The sixteen-hour introduction to craniosacral therapy is a mix of lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice designed to teach you the benefits of CST along with basic techniques you can use in practice and for your own health.
Please know that this is much more than an introduction to a particular technique. In this class, you will develop and/or refine your light-touch palpation skills by learning how to palpate and evaluate the craniosacral rhythm, a subtle physiological movement affecting the entire body. You will also learn how to locate subtle restrictions in the connective tissue system and correct those restrictions using gentle myofascial techniques. Most important of all, you will learn to follow the body’s inner wisdom rather than always trying to control or direct it. The concepts and skills from this class can transform your practice and your life.
- Explore the anatomy and physiology of the craniosacral system and its relationship to illness, pain and dysfunction
- Gain an excellent preparation for Upledger’s CS1 class
- Develop and refine light-touch palpation skills
- Learn and practice palpating the “listening stations”, key body locations where the craniosacral motion can best be evaluated
- Learn and practice tissue release techniques for the pelvic and respiratory diaphragms and thoracic inlet
- Learn and practice: mobilizing the sacrum; the dural tube rock and glide; using intention, and stillpoint induction
- Be able to deduct $125 from the regular cost of Upledger’s Craniosacral 1 class (CS1) when you decide to go on (You must register within 30 days for any CS1 class, or make a deposit, in order to apply)
Something to write with. Dress in layers (as always) since temperature may be difficult to control.
- Nationally Certified Bodyworkers (NCBTMB) and LMT’s in all the states that accept NCBTMB approval
- Florida and Georgia Massage Therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-610842)
Early registration & discounted fee available until October 5!
Please Register through Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy 800-860-1114