Introduction to Craniosacral Therapy
October 1 @ 9:00 am - October 2 @ 4:00 pm$250
This is an opportunity to sample the Upledger Institute’s CranioSacral Therapy course studied by more than 125,000 healthcare practitioners worldwide. The twelve-hour introduction to craniosacral therapy is a mix of lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice designed to teach you the benefits of CST along with basic techniques you can use in practice and for your own health.
Please know that this is much more than an introduction to a particular technique. In this class, you will develop and/or refine your light-touch palpation skills by learning how to palpate and evaluate the craniosacral rhythm, a subtle physiological movement affecting the entire body. You will also learn how to locate subtle restrictions in the connective tissue system and correct those restrictions using gentle myofascial techniques. The concepts and skills from this class can transform your practice and your life.
- Explore the anatomy and physiology of the craniosacral system and its relationship to illness, pain and dysfunction
- Gain an excellent preparation for Upledger’s CS1 class
- Develop and refine light-touch palpation skills
- Learn and practice palpating the “listening stations”, key body locations where the craniosacral motion can best be evaluated
- Learn and practice tissue release techniques for the pelvic and respiratory diaphragms and thoracic inlet
- Learn about and practice: mobilizing the sacrum; the dural tube rock and dural tube glide; using intention and stillpoint induction
- Be able to deduct $125 from the regular cost of CS1 when you decide to go on (You must register within 30 days for any CS1 class, or make a deposit, in order to apply)
Randall Gibson, M.Ed., LMT – In cooperation with Upledger Institute International
$250 early registration (includes manual)
“In seventeen years of practice and continuing ed., I have never felt like I learned more
and could go away practicing what I had learned.”
Candyce Steigerwald, PT
CONTINUING EDUCATION: 12 CONTACT HOURS
The Upledger Institute handles continuing education for this seminar. Please call the institute with any questions about CE credit.
“Introduction to Craniosacral Therapy” is approved for the following:
- Florida Massage Therapists – CE Broker tracking number is: 20-324376
- Athletic Trainers (Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers)
- Nationally Certified Bodyworkers (NCBTMB) and LMT’s in all the states that accept NCBTMB approval
- Nurses* (See below)
*The Upledger Institute is approved as a continuing education provider (BRN Provider Number CEP9432) for contact hours under the California Board of Registered Nursing in all but the following states: Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota and Wyoming
Please contact the Open Arms Wellness Center (419) 720-8604
They will be handling registration. Thank you!