- This event has passed.
The Art and Science of Stress Relief
April 1 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$75
Save $50 with this special (and rare) discounted rate! [REGISTRATION IS CLOSED]
The six-hour, live-online class is designed to give bodyworkers a solid understanding of the stress response and specific guidance on how to influence the autonomic nervous system through integrative massage therapy. Topics will include an introduction to the vagus nerve, its clinical importance, and practical ways to work with it.
Participants will learn hands-on techniques as well as self-help information that could serve as client education. Everyone who completes the class will have tools to quickly shift out of fight or flight mode and the knowledge to build resilience against the future effects of excessive stress. Imagine how useful that will be in your own life!
Develop basic skill at recognizing, understanding, and controlling the stress response through integrative bodywork.
WHY TAKE THIS SIX-HOUR CLASS?
By participating in this online class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the anatomy and physiology of the stress response
- Describe grounding and earthing to reduce stress in minutes
- Demonstrate breathing techniques to shift out of fight or flight mode
- Discuss the importance of the vagus nerve in stress and relaxation
- Demonstrate touch with presence to activate the parasympathetic nervous system
- Perform movement techniques and mindful acupressure to improve brain function
- Discuss two or more lifestyle changes that could protect us from stress and illness
- Discuss the role of mindfulness in health, relaxation, and bodywork
$75 Early Registration Rate! (Regular cost is $125)
CONTINUING EDUCATION: 6 CE HOURS
“The Art & Science of Stress Relief” is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval.
- Florida licensed massage therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-710335)
(Online classes in Florida count as “General” hours)
CLASS IS FULL. EMAIL CONTACT INFORMATION TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN IT IS OFFERED AGAIN.
Alternative methods of signing up:
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone