- This event has passed.
The Craniosacral Connection: Overview of Craniosacral Therapy
March 17, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 5:45 pm$125
Learn practical craniosacral therapy techniques in Fairlawn! This is an opportunity to sample the Upledger CranioSacral Therapy course studied by more than 85,000 healthcare practitioners worldwide. This 8-hour program is a mix of lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice designed to teach you the benefits of CST along with some basic techniques you can use in practice and for your own health. (And this is the last time it will be offered at the current price)
In this class, you will develop and/or refine your light-touch palpation skills by learning how to palpate and evaluate the craniosacral rhythm, a subtle physiological movement affecting the entire body. You will also learn how to locate subtle restrictions in the connective tissue system and correct those restrictions using gentle myofascial techniques.
- Explore the anatomy and physiology of the craniosacral system and its relationship to illness, pain and dysfunction
- Gain an excellent preparation for Upledger’s CS1 class
- Develop and refine light-touch palpation skills
- Learn basic, practical techniques that can be applied immediately
- Learn and practice palpating the “listening stations”, key body locations where the craniosacral motion can best be evaluated
- Learn and practice tissue release techniques for the pelvic and respiratory diaphragms and thoracic inlet
- Learn about and practice the dural tube rock and dural tube glide, using intention, and stillpoint induction
Randall Gibson, M.Ed., LMT – In cooperation with Upledger Institute International
Continuing Education: 8 Contact Hours
- NCBTMB – and all states that accept NCBTMB approval
- Florida Massage Therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-633340)
- Nurses* (See below)
*The Upledger Institute is approved as a continuing education provider (BRN Provider Number CEP9432) for contact hours under the California Board of Registered Nursing in all but the following states: Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Early registration & discounted fee available until March 3!
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone