- This event has passed.
The Craniosacral Connection: Overview of Craniosacral Therapy
June 22, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm$145
Learn practical craniosacral therapy concepts and techniques in one day! This is an opportunity to sample the Upledger CranioSacral Therapy course studied by more than 85,000 healthcare practitioners worldwide. The 8-hour program is a mix of lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice designed to teach you the benefits of CST along with some basic techniques you can use in practice and for your own health. The Craniosacral Connection is a slightly expanded version of The Upledger Intitute’s Overview of Craniosacral Therapy class.
In this seminar, you will develop and/or refine your light-touch palpation skills by learning how to palpate and evaluate the craniosacral rhythm, a subtle physiological movement affecting the entire body. You will also learn how to locate subtle restrictions in the connective tissue system and correct those restrictions using gentle myofascial techniques.
- Explore the anatomy and physiology of the craniosacral system and its relationship to illness, pain and dysfunction
- Gain an excellent preparation for Upledger’s CS1 class
- Develop and refine light-touch palpation skills
- Learn basic, practical techniques that can be applied immediately
- Learn and practice palpating the “listening stations”, key body locations where the craniosacral motion can best be evaluated
- Learn and practice tissue release techniques for the pelvic and respiratory diaphragms and thoracic inlet
- Learn about and practice the dural tube rock and dural tube glide, using intention, and stillpoint induction
Randall Gibson, M.Ed., LMT – In cooperation with Upledger Institute International
Continuing Education: 8 Contact Hours
- NCBTMB – and all states that accept NCBTMB approval
- Florida Massage Therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-633340)
Early registration & discounted fee available until June 8!
PLEASE REGISTER THROUGH THE CORTIVA INSTITUTE CHICAGO LOOP CAMPUS (Search for Chicago Campus under locations)