The Science of Stress Relief
January 24 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$95
This six-hour, online class is designed to give bodyworkers a solid introduction to the anatomy and physiology of the stress response and specific guidance on how to influence the autonomic nervous system through integrative massage therapy. Topics will include an introduction to polyvagal theory and its clinical application.
Reducing stress is an integral part of what we do as massage therapists. This class will help you to do it more consciously and effectively. The principles and techniques in this seminar can also be used to relieve pain, inflammation, and a host of other symptoms and conditions.
Participants will learn hands-on techniques as well as self-help information that could serve as client education. Everyone who completes the class will have tools to quickly shift out of fight or flight mode and the knowledge to build resilience against the future effects of excessive stress.
NOTE: Schedule will include a one-hour break for lunch from 12pm to 1pm
Develop basic skill at recognizing, understanding, and controlling the stress response through integrative bodywork.
By participating in this online class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the anatomy and physiology of the stress response
- Describe how to use grounding and earthing to reduce stress in minutes
- Demonstrate breathing techniques to shift out of fight or flight mode
- Discuss the importance of the vagus nerve in stress and relaxation
- Demonstrate touch with presence to activate the parasympathetic nervous system
- Perform movement techniques and mindful acupressure to improve brain function
- Discuss two or more lifestyle changes that could protect us from stress and illness
- Discuss the role of mindfulness in health, relaxation, and bodywork
- “The Science of Stress Relief” is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval.
- Florida licensed massage therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-710335)
(Online classes in Florida count as “General” hours however, 2020-2021 is a coronavirus exception. Check with your state board to confirm approval for “LIVE” CE hours)
REGISTRATION FOR THIS SEMINAR IS CLOSED. This can happen when there is insufficient enrollment at two weeks prior to Seminar starting date. Please Register Early!
Alternative methods of signing up:
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone