- This event has passed.
Training Your Touch: Palpation and Manual Assessment
September 9, 2017 @ 9:00 am - September 10, 2017 @ 6:00 pm$160.00
Please note that this class is being offered for a special reduced rate which will only be available on this first time presentation in Ohio.
This two-day class blends lecture, discussion and guided exercises with plenty of hands-on practice in order to develop and refine tactile awareness. Working with inanimate objects to living tissues and subtle pulses, we will experiment with strategies and techniques from world-renowned doctors, therapists and educators to enhance and refine our palpatory skills. The goal is not to add knowledge but to transform your practice. Whether you are new to the field, an experienced therapist, or a massage instructor, you will find growth, insight and inspiration in this weekend adventure.
- Discuss the anatomy and physiology of touch
- Practice differentiating various textures and tissues through touch
- Learn specific skills for assessing skin
- Learn specific skills for assessing muscles
- Practice evaluating the cardiac pulse
- Practice evaluating respiratory movements
- Learn to use proprioception for evaluating subtle motion
- Learn about the importance of verbal description in palpation
Something to write with. Massage clothes so that you can expose arms, legs and especially back. A massage table if you have one. Dress in layers as temperature may be difficult to control.
- Nationally Certified Bodyworkers (NCBTMB) and LMT’s in all the states that accept NCBTMB approval
Early registration & discounted fee available until August 26!
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone