- This event has passed.
Training Your Touch: Palpation and Manual Assessment
August 11, 2018 @ 8:30 am - August 12, 2018 @ 5:45 pm$275
This two-day class blends lecture, discussion and guided exercises with plenty of hands-on practice in order to develop and refine tactile awareness. On the first day, working with inanimate objects, living tissues and subtle pulses, we will experiment with strategies from world-renowned doctors and educators to enhance our palpatory skills. Then, we will use those new skills to evaluate the cardiac pulse and respiratory movements for signs of dysfunction or pathology. On the second day, our palpation of skin, fascia and muscles will flow seamlessly into treatment with results that will boost your confidence as a therapist. The goal is not to add knowledge but to transform your practice. Whether you are new to the field, an experienced therapist or a massage instructor, you will find growth, insight and inspiration in this weekend adventure.
- Discuss the anatomy and physiology of touch
- Practice differentiating various textures and tissues through touch
- Learn specific skills for assessing skin
- Learn specific skills for assessing muscles
- Practice evaluating the cardiac pulse
- Practice evaluating respiratory movements
- Learn to use proprioception for evaluating subtle motion
- Learn about the importance of verbal description in palpation
Something to write with. Massage clothes so that you can expose arms, legs and back. Dress in layers (as always) since temperature may be difficult to control.
- Nationally Certified Bodyworkers (NCBTMB) and LMT’s in all the states that accept NCBTMB approval
- Florida and Georgia Massage Therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-610842)
Early registration & discounted fee available until July 28!
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone