- This event has passed.
Training Your Touch 2: Following the Fascia
September 10, 2022 @ 8:30 am - September 11, 2022 @ 5:30 pm$285
WE ARE CURRENTLY AT MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT FOR THIS CLASS. HOWEVER, THERE MAY BE A CANCELLATION OR OPENING. IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND EMAIL WITH YOUR NAME, PHONE, AND THIS CLASS CODE (TYT2 ATLANTA22) TO RANDALL@POLARITYHEALTHCARE.COM. PUT “WAITLIST” IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
YOU WILL BE PUT ON A WAITING LIST AND NOTIFIED IF A SPOT BECOMES AVAILABLE.
Are you ready for the next step in refining your skills? After a quick review/preview of Training Your Touch: Advanced Palpation Skills (Which is NOT a prerequisite for this class), we will practice palpating and assessing physiological movement in the body. Then we begin evaluation of the fascial body at various listening points to identify stress or dysfunction. Topics will include osteopathic concepts that relate to our therapy methods, and how to apply those concepts as treatment techniques. I believe that understanding the relationship between concept and technique is one key to optimal results.
The second day begins with grounding and centering to refine our perception. Then we mindfully assess tension patterns and fascial pulls in the lower extremities, upper extremities, and torso. By applying what we have learned to different layers of tissue, we will literally be “following the fascia”. Finally, we pull everything together in order to practice assessment and treatment in groups of three. This class will expand your skill in any method of bodywork.
Prerequisites: NONE. This class is open to everyone. (Two or more years of hands-on experience is recommended)
IMPORTANT NOTE ON MASKS: The Georgia Massage School currently requires all participants in school sponsored activities to wear an N95 or a KN95 mask. You can review their policies HERE. Please make sure you are in alignment with these policies as they are required in order for you to participate in the seminar. If you have questions, please contact the Georgia Massage School.
Learn advanced manual assessment strategies and fascial evaluation techniques
WHY TAKE THIS TWO-DAY CLASS?
After participating in this class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of grounding before assessment
- Describe “mindful palpation”
- Demonstrate one or more techniques for relaxing the nervous system
- Discuss how to enhance palpation skills for assessment and treatment
- Demonstrate using touch to evaluate sympathetic activation
- Discuss the Osteopathic concept of “The Body Hugs the Lesion”
- Demonstrate identification of postural strain patterns through touch
- Discuss the importance of fascia in manual assessment
- Discuss the potential role of mirror neurons in assessment
- Perform three or more assessment techniques at the feet and ankles
- Demonstrate how assessment can merge into treatment
- Discuss the concept of “inhibition”
- Describe how to use rhythms and micro-movements in assessment and treatment
- Demonstrate how to apply inhibition to orthopedic testing
- Demonstrate fascial assessment of the upper extremities, lower extremities, and back
- Be able to “follow the fascia’ in both assessment and treatment
$285 Early Registration Price (including study guide)
CONTINUING EDUCATION: 16 CONTACT HOURS
“Training Your Touch 2: Following the Fascia” is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists (and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval)
- Massage therapists in Florida and Georgia (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-747062)
Alternative methods of signing up:
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone