Training Your Touch 2: Following the Fascia
October 3 @ 8:30 am - October 4 @ 5:30 pm$285
SORRY. THIS CLASS HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND WILL BE RESCHEDULED AT A LATER DATE.
Welcome to the next step in refining your palpation and assessment skills! After reviewing highlights of Training Your Touch: Advanced Palpation Skills (Which is NOT a prerequisite for this class), we practice evaluating the nervous system and fascial body at various listening stations to identify stress or dysfunction. We will also explore osteopathic concepts that are key to understanding both assessment and treatment.
On the second day, we assess tension patterns and fascial pulls in the lower extremities, upper extremities, and spine. By applying what we have learned to different layers of tissue, we will literally be “following the fascia”. Finally, we pull everything together in order to practice assessment and treatment in groups of three. This class will expand your skill in any method of bodywork.
Help spread the word! Download a pdf flyer to print or forward
- Discover the importance of grounding before assessment
- Learn some basic techniques for relaxing the nervous system
- Learn how to easily stimulate the vagus nerve
- Practice using touch to evaluate sympathetic activation
- Practice applying Osteopathic concepts in assessment and treatment
- Learn to identify postural strain patterns through touch
- Be able to discuss the importance of fascia in manual assessment
- Learn about mirror neurons and how to use them in assessment
- Be able to “follow the fascia’ during manual assessment and treatment
- Practice multiple assessment techniques at the feet and ankles
- Learn what to “look for” when palpating
- Learn to use the concept of “inhibition” in assessment
- Discover how to use rhythms and micro-movements in assessment
- Learn to expand your skill at functional orthopedic testing
- Learn to “follow the fascia” in treatment
- Practice fascial assessment of the upper extremities, lower extremities, and spinal column
Something to write with and clothes that allow you to expose arms and back. Dress comfortably in layers.
- Approved for NCBTMB certified therapists (and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval)
- Approved for massage therapists in Florida and Georgia (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-747062)
THIS SEMINAR HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone