- This event has passed.
Training Your Touch 2: Following the Fascia
June 27 @ 8:30 am - June 28 @ 5:30 pm$185
THIS CLASS HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
It may be rescheduled in the Fall. Watch our email newsletter for updates.
Welcome to the next step in refining your palpation and assessment skills! After reviewing highlights of Training Your Touch: Advanced Palpation Skills (Which is NOT a prerequisite for this class), we practice evaluating the nervous system and fascial body at various listening stations to identify stress or dysfunction. We will also explore osteopathic concepts that are key to understanding both assessment and treatment.
On the second day, we assess tension patterns and fascial pulls in the lower extremities, upper extremities, and spine. By applying what we have learned to different layers of tissue, we will literally be “following the fascia”. Finally, we pull everything together in order to practice assessment and treatment in groups of three. This class will expand your skill in any method of bodywork.
Help spread the word! Download a pdf flyer to print or forward
After participating in this class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of grounding before assessment
- List one or more techniques for relaxing the musculoskeletal system
- Demonstrate how to easily stimulate the vagus nerve
- Describe using touch to evaluate sympathetic activation
- Discuss the Osteopathic concept of “The Body Hugs the Lesion”
- Demonstrate identification of postural strain patterns through touch
- Discuss the importance of fascia in manual assessment
- Discuss the potential role of mirror neurons in assessment
- Be able to “follow the fascia’ during manual assessment and treatment
- Perform three or more assessment techniques at the feet and ankles
- Describe three or more things to “look for” when palpating
- Discuss the concept of “inhibition”
- Describe how to use rhythms and micro-movements in assessment
- Demonstrate how inhibition can be applied in orthopedic testing
- Demonstrate “following the fascia” as a treatment method
- Demonstrate fascial assessment of the upper extremities, lower extremities, and spinal column
One-Time special Early Registration Price (including study guide) of $185
Late Registration (after June 13) is $225
“Training Your Touch 2: Following the Fascia” is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists (and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval)
- Massage therapists in Florida and Georgia (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-747062)
Early registration & discounted fee available until June 13, 2020
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone