Training Your Touch 2: Following the Fascia
September 10, 2022 @ 8:30 am - September 11, 2022 @ 5:30 pm$285
This is the next step in refining your assessment skills! After a quick review of Training Your Touch: Advanced Palpation Skills (Which is NOT a prerequisite for this class), we briefly revisit the respiratory and cardiac rhythms. Then we begin in-depth evaluation of the fascial body at various listening stations to identify stress or dysfunction. We will explore select osteopathic concepts that explain a variety of therapy methods including the use of myofascial unwinding at specific areas and joints. Understanding these concepts is key to understanding both assessment and treatment.
On the second day, we assess tension patterns and fascial pulls in the lower extremities, upper extremities, and torso. By applying what we have learned to different layers of tissue, we will literally be “following the fascia”. Finally, we pull everything together in order to practice assessment and treatment in groups of three. This class will expand your skill in any method of bodywork.
Prerequisites: NONE. This class is open to everyone. (Two or more years of hands-on experience is recommended)
Learn advanced manual assessment strategies and fascial evaluation techniques
WHY TAKE THIS TWO-DAY CLASS?
After participating in this class, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of grounding before assessment
- Describe “mindful palpation”
- Demonstrate one or more techniques for relaxing the nervous system
- Discuss the significance of the vagus nerve in assessment and treatment
- Demonstrate using touch to evaluate sympathetic activation
- Discuss the Osteopathic concept of “The Body Hugs the Lesion”
- Demonstrate identification of postural strain patterns through touch
- Discuss the importance of fascia in manual assessment
- Discuss the potential role of mirror neurons in assessment
- Perform three or more assessment techniques at the feet and ankles
- Demonstrate how assessment can merge into treatment
- Discuss the concept of “inhibition”
- Describe how to use rhythms and micro-movements in assessment and treatment
- Demonstrate how to apply inhibition to orthopedic testing
- Demonstrate fascial assessment of the upper extremities, lower extremities, and back
- Be able to “follow the fascia’ in both assessment and treatment
$285 Early Registration Price (including study guide)
CONTINUING EDUCATION: 16 CONTACT HOURS
“Training Your Touch 2: Following the Fascia” is approved for the following:
- NCBTMB certified therapists (and LMT’s in states that accept NCBTMB approval)
- Massage therapists in Florida and Georgia (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-747062)
Early Registration Discount Rate Before August 27, 2022!
Alternative methods of signing up:
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone