- This event has passed.
Training Your Touch: Advanced Palpation Skills
August 17, 2019 @ 8:30 am - August 18, 2019 @ 5:30 pm$275
Your success in massage therapy depends on your palpation skills. Pause for a moment to really take that in. You may think that your skills are fine. If “fine”, “adequate”, or “average” is your goal, then you probably don’t need this seminar. If you want to be the BEST…Read on!
Very little time is spent on palpation in massage school. There just isn’t enough room in the typical massage curriculum. Now, you can take matters into your own hands by expanding your skill level and increasing your effectiveness with two full days of training. This seminar blends lecture, discussion and guided exercises with plenty of hands-on practice to develop and refine your sense of touch. It is a great opportunity for massage CE in Asheville.
On the first day, working with inanimate objects and living tissues, we adopt strategies from world-renowned educators to increase sensitivity and awareness. Then, we will use our newly enhanced abilities to evaluate the cardiac pulse and respiratory movements for signs of dysfunction, pathology, and nervous system activation. On the second day, our examination of skin, fascia and muscles will flow seamlessly into treatment with results that will boost your confidence as a therapist. If you expect palpation to be boring, I think you will be surprised
- Discuss the anatomy and physiology of touch
- Practice differentiating various textures and tissues through touch
- Learn specific skills for assessing skin
- Learn specific skills for assessing muscles
- Practice evaluating the cardiac pulse
- Practice evaluating respiratory movements
- Learn to evaluate the nervous system through touch
- Learn about the importance of verbal description in palpation
A massage table if you have one. Something to write with. Massage clothes so that you can expose arms, legs and back. Dress in layers (as always) since temperature may be difficult to control.
- Nationally Certified Bodyworkers (NCBTMB) and LMT’s in all the states that accept NCBTMB approval
- Florida and Georgia Massage Therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-610842)
SORRY. REGISTRATION FOR THIS CLASS IS CLOSED.
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone