- This event has passed.
Training Your Touch: Palpation and Manual Assessment
June 1, 2019 @ 8:30 am - June 2, 2019 @ 5:30 pm$275
Your success in massage therapy depends on your palpation skills yet, there is little if any focus on that in massage school. Now, you can expand your skills and increase effectiveness with just two days of training. This seminar blends lecture, discussion and guided exercises with plenty of hands-on practice to develop and refine your sense of touch. You won’t find better massage CE in Orlando. On the first day, working with inanimate objects and living tissues, we adopt strategies from world-renowned educators to increase sensitivity and awareness. Then, we will use our newly enhanced abilities to evaluate the cardiac pulse and respiratory movements for signs of dysfunction or pathology. On the second day, our examination of skin, fascia and muscles will flow seamlessly into treatment with results that will boost your confidence as a therapist. We will also be exploring touch as a way to evaluate the autonomic nervous system and its level of activation. If you expect palpation to be boring, I think you will be surprised.
NEW SPECIAL RATE FOR MASSAGE STUDENTS: $150
- Discuss the anatomy and physiology of touch
- Practice differentiating various textures and tissues through touch
- Learn specific skills for assessing skin
- Learn specific skills for assessing muscles
- Practice evaluating the cardiac pulse
- Practice evaluating respiratory movements
- Learn to evaluate the nervous system through touch
- Learn about the importance of verbal description in palpation
A massage table if you have one. Something to write with. Massage clothes so that you can expose arms, legs and back. Dress in layers (as always) since temperature may be difficult to control.
- Nationally Certified Bodyworkers (NCBTMB) and LMT’s in all the states that accept NCBTMB approval
- Florida and Georgia Massage Therapists (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-610842)
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR THIS CLASS
Download a mail-in registration form
or call 330.701.8780 to register by phone